The Erudition Retreat will be unique in the way we approach roundtable discussions. Each roundtable will be based on three factors:
- Completing an experience to a local attraction that has an educational or community awareness focus;
- A theme that participants can focus attention on when visiting the site; and
- Key questions of inquiry and how those questions could be applied to the theme.
The idea is to develop solutions to how learning can be made authentic (i.e. relevant in a modern social context) using digital technologies.
The roundtable experience allows for a congress to enjoy the company of colleagues, in a relaxed atmosphere, that promotes critical and creative thinking depending on the experiences encountered during the previous activity.
The group could engage in discussion that inquires about:
- Effectiveness of the educational materials
- Specific instructional methodologies and/or theory used
- How virtual and augmented reality could help develop engagement with the activities
- How/when/where game based learning or gamification were employed
- Ways in which knowledge transfer can be assessed
- What can we do better to improve the experience
- What will we be able to do in the future to improve the experience